Embedding maths and English in apprenticeships: Embedding maths and English for ESOL apprentices (Code: C0889)
The aim of this webinar is to help you to identify ways of improving ESOL apprentices' outcomes for maths and English using an embedded approach.
Who is this for?
This webinar is for those involved in delivering apprenticeships, with responsibilities for facilitating apprentices' maths and English development including employers and providers.
The roles are likely to include:
- workplace managers
- maths and English teachers
- provider managers
- vocational tutors
- workplace assessors.
The aim of this webinar is to help you to identify ways of improving outcomes for maths and English for apprentices that are ESOL learners.
It introduces ideas and provides insight into what people in various roles are doing, or could do, and signposts to further resources.
The focus is on helping apprentices achieve their level 2 maths and English in their level 2 and level 3 apprenticeships.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- explore the scale of opportunity for including ESOL learners in apprenticeships
- review processes and strategies to transition an ESOL learner into an apprenticeship
- explore resources to support transition and learners
- look at ways in which employers and providers can work together and understand the benefits of a partnership approach
- find out about whole organisation approaches to languages.
Webinars are 60 minutes, but the room will be open 15 minutes prior to the start so you can test your kit. There will also be some time at the end for any additional questions and comments.
You should be directly or indirectly involved with delivering apprenticeships in the workplace. In particular with an interest in how maths and English are supported or taught.