Essential Digital Skills delivery in different contexts of the FE and Training sector (Code: C0899)
These sessions explore challenges faced in the delivery of Essential Digital Skills in specific parts of the FE and Training sector including:
- teaching in Prisons and the Probation services
- working with learners with special educational needs and disabilities
- developing the digital skills of those for whom English in not their first language
- teaching on programmes described as preparation for life and work.
Who is this for?
Leaders, managers, trainers and practitioners who are preparing to deliver EDS qualifications and have an interest in a specific pathway area.
Support leaders, managers and practitioners, in developing their skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver the new EDS national standards to adult learners by building a community of EDS practitioners who share their expertise and encourage others to develop excellent practice.
Panellists will share how they are approaching particular challenges that have been raised in sector discussions and this will be followed by an audience led Q & A session.
Discuss and develop ideas and approaches to tackling pathway specific issues that can inform an individual's or organisation's EDS development or change plan.
Identify challenges of delivering EDS in a pathway specific context.
Evaluate ideas and resources that develop and improve digital skills practice with learners in a specific pathway.
To qualify for a place on this course you will need to be from an ESFA-funded learning provider and be from the funder's priority group which includes:
- Further Education Colleges
- Independent Training Providers
- Adult Community Learning Providers
- Any other type of ESFA-funded provider that offers Offender Learning, ESOL, Preparation for Life and Work and/or SEND and will be delivering Essential Digital Skills
You will be involved in preparing for the delivery of Essential Digital Skills at Entry and Level 1 national standards to adult learners. Alternatively, you may be planning to use the Essential Digital Skills resources to upskill your organisation's practitioners' digital skills.