FE Women's Voices 5: Raising Women's Voices Through Governance (Code: C0901)
Who is this for?
This online session is for you if you are thinking of joining or have joined a governing body in FE and want to make a real difference and
- You've felt:
- I don't understand what's being discussed
- I don't think I can share my views openly
- You've wondered where's the diversity in governance
- of people's backgrounds, circumstances and experiences
- of thinking
- You want to recognise and develop the leadership skills you have
- You want to amplify the voices of people who are marginalised, missing and unheard in FE governance
- You want to make the most of your impact as a governor
- You are interested in developing a WLN governance network-supporting each other to achieve leadership, amplify women's voices and make our organisations more inclusive places to work and learn
Through this session, we aim to help you:
- Develop your understanding of the Governing Body in FE in terms of its role, purpose and value
- Decide if becoming a governor is right for you.
- Identify what's involved in effective women's leadership in governance.
- Develop and make the most of your leadership skills as a governor.
- Learn how to amplify your voice and the voices of women of all backgrounds in FE to ensure our voices are heard and bring about intersectional gender equality in FE.
- Imagine what women governors can achieve and how we will achieve it.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Understand the role, purpose and value of the governing body in FE.
- Discuss how positions on governing bodies can be used to promote equality, diversity, and inclusion and eradicate bias.
- Prepare and decide if being Governing Body member is right for you - Learn how to amplify your voice and use your skills to influence meaningful change for gender equality.
- Get support from and give support to other women governors in FE.
Join us at 13.35 (to socialise/sort out any tech problems) for a prompt 13.45 start. We finish at 14.45 hours but will remain for 15 minutes afterwards for any 1:1 questions/conversations.
Woman working and/or learning in FE who already are governors or are considering becoming a governor.
We want everyone to enjoy and have full access to this online session. Please do not be offended if we ask you to help us do so, and tell us when you book if you have any specific online accessibility requirements we need to know about. If you notice something we've missed or made difficult for you or others, please say, and we will do everything we can to make it right.