Embedding maths and English in vocational work Part 1- Improving learners' attitude to work (Code: C0910)
This live webinar, part of a series to support embedding maths and English, will look at the importance of attitude to work and how embedding maths/English skills can help learners:
- Develop adaptability
- Build resilience
- Accept criticism
- Communicate effectively
- Plan ahead
In other words, how maths and English prepares young people for the modern world and work.
• Society for Education and Training member: £42.50
• Non-members: £50
To get maximum value from your CPD budget we can run this course for a group of your staff online or face-to-face (Covid-19 restrictions permitting) for just £500 with a minimum of 8 delegates and no maximum number!. We can also tailor the course to the needs of your staff.
For further details of In-house training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8680 4077.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Both teachers and managers of English as well as vocational teachers who embed maths and English in their subject.
How to embed maths and English so our learners become 'work ready'.
- Demonstrate how maths and English can build resilience and help learners deal with setbacks and learn from mistakes.
- Develop effective management skills through English and empathy
- Show how learners become trustworthy by learning about the importance of deadlines, checking calculations and 'document hygiene'