A toolkit for revision, study and exam skills for maths and English (Code: C0911)
Effective study skills have been identified as ways of improving the performance of all learners and of closing the gap between boys and girls. This course will look at a range of tried and trusted techniques but will also move beyond the recognised approaches we see online to look at specific approaches to learning that will help learners in both functional skills and GCSE
• Society for Education and Training member: £42.50
• Non-members: £50
To get maximum value from your CPD budget we can run this course for a group of your staff online or face-to-face (Covid-19 restrictions permitting) for just £500 with a minimum of 8 delegates and no maximum number!. We can also tailor the course to the needs of your staff.
For further details of In-house training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8680 4077.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Teachers, support staff and managers of maths and English, including those new to GCSE or Functional Skills.
To provide teachers with a toolkit to help students get the most from their studies.
- Select from a toolkit of study skill techniques
- Select from a toolkit to encourage 'deep learning'
- Select from a toolkit of techniques to encourage quality independent learning