10 ways to improve the quality of instruction in maths and English (On Demand webinar) (Code: C0915)
Evidence tells us that the quality of instruction is one of the most influential factors on learners' achievement. Also the teacher-student relationships remain key to success. This On Demand webinar explores what makes great instruction in maths and English and how the teachers' examples and mistakes makes the difference to learners' outcomes.
- Subsidised price £25
- SET member price £21.25
- Full price £37.50 (for non-ESFA funded organisations)
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for teachers new to teaching, for managers who want to use these principles to support teachers or as part of lesson observation/professional development or for anyone who feels they could do with a refresher
Please note, this is an adaptation of a previous popular live webinar.
To effectively engage students in the learning process and relay relevant knowledge.
- Identifying and implementing the 10 steps of quality instruction
- Making best use of diagnostic and initial assessment data to identify the starting points for instruction and to build a schema of knowledge
- Delivery of maths and English instruction in a way that evokes students' interest, critical thinking, and learning.
60 mins approx.