Effective ESOL teaching for maths and English Learners (On Demand webinar) (Code: C0917)
Many of our learners in maths and English have English as a second language. This On Demand webinar explores some of the key practical approaches and strategies we can use to help learners overcome barriers and make sure ESOL learners have the same access to an ambitious curriculum as other learners. We will also explore the basics of adult phonics for ESOL learners as well as looking at developing academic language to prepare them for their next steps
- Subsidised price £25
- SET member price £21.25
- Full price £37.50 (for non-ESFA funded organisations)
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Maths and English teachers, support staff and managers.
Please note, this is an adaptation of a previous popular live webinar.
Identifying strategies and approaches you can use to teach reading, writing and maths to a range of ESOL learners
- Gain a toolbox of practical strategies and approaches you can use to teach reading and writing to ESOL learners
- Exploring problems ESOL learners may have in maths and practical ways to overcome barriers
- Building confidence and engagement of ESOL learners
60 mins approx