Embedding maths and English in vocational work Part 2 - Working with vocational teachers (Code: C0926)
This live webinar will explore the importance of a two-way conversation between maths/English specialists and vocational staff and what we can learn from each other. There will be opportunities to understand how both vocational teachers and specialists motivate learners as well as supporting each other to make sure learners remember what they have learnt
• Subsidised price £50
• SET member price £42.50
• Full price £75 (for non-ESFA funded organisations)
To get maximum value from your CPD budget we can run this course for a group of your staff online or face-to-face (Covid-19 restrictions permitting) for just £500 with a minimum of 8 delegates and no maximum number!. We can also tailor the course to the needs of your staff.
For further details of In-house training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8680 4077.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
The course is for all vocational teachers from any subject as well as managers and teachers of maths and English who are interested to see how they can support the development of maths and English language skills across a programme of study.
To not only improve communication between specialist maths and English staff and vocational staff but to make sure what is being communicated benefits all learners.
- Working with subject specialists on setting meaningful targets and providing joined up feedback
- Sharing examples of pedagogical practice and comparing and celebrating different approaches to maths and English in vocational and specialist teaching
- Developing effective lines of communication to ensure that learners transfer their learning from one area to another