Alternative ways to teach Key Topics in maths & English (On Demand) (Code: C0948)
This On Demand webinar will explore different and creative ways to motivate students by looking at alternative ways to teach essential maths and English skills to provide the essential knowledge students need for the exam and the next steps in their lives.
- Society for Education and Training member: £21.25
- Non-members: £25
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Teachers, support teachers, trainers, assessors, mentors and coaches with responsibilities for facilitating maths and English development.
Curriculum managers responsible for relevant vocational areas and for embedding maths and English content
To find different ways to motivate students by looking at alternative ways to teach essential maths and English skills to provide the essential knowledge students need for the exam and the next steps in their lives.
- Identify and explore how to teach essential knowledge for maths and English Language.
- Explore different approaches to teaching SPAG.
- Explore different approaches to support writing.
- Explore different approaches to underpinning maths skills.
- Explore different ways to teach areas in which students struggle.
60 minutes approx