FE Women's Voices 4: Inspirational Women Leaders-Yvonne Kelly (Code: C0952)
Aspiring women leaders tell us they learn so much from the personal stories of women leaders and want more, especially stories of women they can identify with. Join us for a stimulating live discussion between Yvonne Kelly, CEO and Principal, Barking and Dagenham College, and Shauna-Jai Samuels exploring:
- The challenges and successes of Yvonne's leadership journey as a Black woman leader.
- Insights into how to end institutional bias in FE.
Who is this for?
Please join us if:
- You are a woman of Black (African, Caribbean, Black British), South Asian, East Asian, Arabic, European, mixed and minority ethnic heritage, and rarely see yourself represented in leadership in FE, skills or lifelong learning.
- You've got questions you'd like to ask Yvonne and Shauna.
- You are interested in new ways of thinking and leading
- You have a vision of equality and diversity in leadership and want change so that our leaders are representative of the diversity of our students and communities.
- You want the systemic bias in our institutions and sector to stop.
- You need some stimulating discussion in your professional working week
To inspire and motivate women who are under-represented in FE leadership in your leadership journey and to:
- support your presence, voice, visibility and progression
- provide different perspectives and insights into women's leadership journeys
- recognise the profound impact role identity and representation have on shaping our experiences and aspirations
- build intersectional race and gender understandings and solidarity in FE
- help each of us take action to support all kinds of women to become leaders and to challenge and dismantle institutional racial and gender biases in FE.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- identify ways to get your voice heard
- identify ways to overcome bias for yourself and others.
- recognise and understand different experiences and perspectives in a leadership journey
- view career progression and leadership through an intersectional lens
- seek solutions and take action to raise the voice, presence and progression of yourself and others.
- We open our Zoom room at 13.35 - to socialise/sort out any technical problems
- We start promptly at 13.45
- We finish at 14,45
- We remain for another 10 minutes afterwards for any 1:1 questions/conversations
This is an interactive live discussion, so it's important to join us on the day. WLN may record it (subject to everyone involved being happy for us to do so), but the ETF will not be publishing the recording.
This session is for every woman in FE, skills and lifelong learning. You will get the most out of this session if:
- You aspire to leadership in FE, skills or lifelong learning and are looking for inspiration and motivation.
- You enjoy stimulating discussion from a diversity of experiences and perspectives.
- Intersectional gender equality matters to you.
- You want to help build intersectional race and gender understandings and solidarity.
- You want to be an effective ally in supporting diverse women's leadership.
We want everyone to enjoy and have full access to this online session. Please do not be offended if we ask you to help us do so, and tell us when you book if you have any specific online accessibility requirements we need to know about. If you notice something we've missed or made difficult for you or others, please say. We will do everything we can to make it right.