How to teach Essential Digital Skills (EDS) (Code: C0958)
The Essential Digital Skills (EDS) professional development programme supports the delivery of EDS based on the national standards.
How to teach EDS' sessions focus on focusing on developing skills, knowledge and confidence to teach competencies within the standards. The sessions will explore approaches for delivery that could be implemented with learner groups, including how they could be delivered through online/blended delivery. Time will be allocated to sharing ideas, challenges, and practice.
Who is this for?
Teachers and managers who are preparing to deliver EDS qualifications or who wish to develop practitioners' digital skills.
Teachers/tutors/trainers/lecturers/instructors/assessors/support staff who will be involved in delivering Essential Digital Skills training at Entry and Level 1 including:
- teaching in Prisons and the Probation services
- working with learners with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- developing the digital skills of those for whom English in not their first language
- teaching on programmes described as preparation for life and work.
Curriculum managers/leaders who will be involved in supporting delivering within the organisations. For example:
- Learning & Teaching/Curriculum/Quality/Improvement managers
- CPD leads or Functional Skills leads
- Advanced practitioners
To support teachers in developing their skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver specific competencies within the new EDS national standards to adult learners.
Each skills development session will:
- Explore how specific competencies could be delivered in practice.
- Highlight useful resources on ETF's Enhance Digital Teaching Platform (EnhanceDTP).
- Provide an opportunity to exchange ideas, discuss challenges and share practice.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Further develop skills and ability to teach EDS courses.
- Identify one new strategy to teach EDS
- Identify resources to support your own and others' CPD.
- Identify next steps in relation to the CPD support programme for EDS.
- Contribute to communities of practice.
Delivery is via an online webinar workshop and the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform.
Each session is 60 minutes.
For some skills development sessions there are pre-tasks that will take approximately 30 minutes to complete, (details will be sent in the joining instructions) and participants will be invited to contribute to the online community of practice (CoP). The online CoP is on the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform and to start the CPD package and then contribute to the CoP you will need to complete your self-assessment. https://enhance.etfoundation.co.uk/eds
To qualify for a place on this course you will need to be delivering or managing the delivery of Essential Digital Skills.
You will need to be working in an ESFA-funded learning provider and be from the funder's priority group which includes:
- Further Education Colleges
- Independent Training Providers
- Adult Community Learning Providers
- Any other type of ESFA-funded provider that offers Offender Learning, ESOL, Preparation for Life and Work and/or SEND