New to Senior Leadership Programme (Code: C0960)
This innovative New to Senior Leadership Programme has been designed for leaders who have taken up a senior leadership role or would like support to develop in their senior leadership role. Aligned to ETF's leadership pipeline, it will enable newly appointed senior leaders to take up their roles more effectively and forge a cross-sector cadre of leaders.
The cost of this programme is £850 per participant.
Who is this for?
If you are new to senior leadership in FE and are looking for a programme that will give you the confidence, the support and the challenge to help you develop your career, this is the programme for you.
As participants on the programme, you will benefit from:
- Acquiring the skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to succeed and operate successfully at senior level.
- Being able to move beyond organisational leadership, into system leadership roles that span organisational boundaries.
- Tackling real workplace issues, reflecting what is needed to promote confident high-performing, and continuously-improving organisations
- Building your personal resilience, confidence, influence, and capabilities to prepare for the challenges and demands of senior leadership.
- Being critically aware of your personal approach to leadership - biases, blind spots, attitude to diversity - and how to continue to develop your leadership after the programme.
- Building a powerful, regional and national support network of like-minded, influential leaders that impact the organisation and system.
- Working more strategically with greater collaboration across organisations.
- A senior leader that is either new in the post or would like the opportunity to take part in leadership development for their role.
- A broad understanding of the role of senior leaders and the importance of leadership in the FE sector.
- Support from your manager or a senior organisational sponsor to undertake the programme.
- Demonstrable leadership potential in Further Education.
- A passion for improvement and a commitment to creating opportunities for shared leadership and system-wide transformation as a leader in the FE sector.
- A strong interest in your own leadership development and in sharing learning and experience with others.
- Willingness and commitment to find ways to apply programme learning to your leadership practice and to continue your learning and development beyond the life of the programme.
- An understanding of how your role can and will contribute to improving learning outcomes and opportunities for your local population.