Positive approaches to diversity and inclusion in maths and English (On Demand) (Code: C0961)
This On Demand webinar, using material from the taster session of the same name, will look at the positive approaches we can take to support diversity in its widest sense and begin to reflect on how our maths and English curriculums and learning environments meets the needs of all learners.
- Subsidised price £25
- SET member price £21.25
- Full price £37.50 (for non-ESFA funded organisations)
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
All teachers, support staff and managers involved in maths and English. It should be noted that the session focuses more on English teaching but is relevant to all areas.
To explore how to review our approaches to maths and English to make sure we provide an inclusive learning environment.
- How to review our curriculum in the light of diversity.
- Using maths and English to advocate social mobility.
- How to review our pedagogy and resources.
60 minutes approx