Getting ready to mentor teachers and trainers in Further Education (Code: C0967)
An introduction to mentoring for practitioners in the Further Education sector interested in mentoring teachers and trainers. This course is delivered online using FutureLearn.
Who is this for?
- Staff in the FE sector interested in finding out about mentoring.
- Teachers who have trained previously in mentoring and want a refresher.
- Teachers in the FE sector who may wish to progress on to other programmes.
- To promote the benefits of high-quality mentoring for teacher and trainers in the FE sector
- To raise awareness of the ETF new mentoring framework and the accompanying guides.
- To promote the benefits of mentor education and training.
- To provide foundational learning to help understanding of mentoring.
- To contribute to the overall quality of teaching and learning via mentors and mentees.
- To help teachers in the FE sector progress to become mentors.
- To provide information to potential mentors unable to access other programmes.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Describe the characteristics of mentoring and coaching, as used in ETF programmes.
- Explore the role and purpose of mentoring in professional development for teachers and trainers in the Further Education sector.
- Compare models of, and tools for, mentoring.
- Develop a mentoring action plan.
Approximately six hours
The course is open to practitioners from learning providers in England in receipt of funding from the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
By signing up to this course you will receive access to the course and in return we expect you to complete the survey that appears towards the end of the course. Your feedback is invaluable in shaping our CPD.