Supporting learners in maths and English with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) (On Demand webinar) (Code: C0968)
This course will provide the opportunity to explore and learn about ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder as a growing area of need. We will consider how to work with these learners in maths and English through practical strategies and guidance based upon the latest psychological research within ADHD. This is aimed towards teachers of maths and English and support staff who work with learners with SEND and other SEMH needs, particularly that of ADHD.
- Subsidised price £25
- SET member price: £21.25
- Full price £37.50 (for non-ESFA funded organisations)
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Teachers, leaders and support staff who want to gain a practical understanding of ADHD.
To provide participants with strategies to engage learners with ADHD in maths and English.
- Enhance further your knowledge of ADHD and the FE context
- Explore problems those with ADHD may have in maths and English
- Add to your toolbox of practical strategies to minimise the barriers experienced by ADHD learners
60 minutes approx