Leading and thriving in a VUCA world (Code: C1676)
The ETF has launched a series of Leading Innovation workshops for leaders in the FE and Training sector to support across a range of themes to promote innovation and support leaders to implement and embed projects to improve outcomes.
Both the Winter and Summer series of the Leading Innovation workshops will be delivered by sector experts, membership bodies and our trusted partners to bring you the best learning and CPD opportunities.
These one day face to face workshops cover a range of topics on the theme of Innovation.
This day of CPD is £50 per delegate which includes lunch
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. The free places are fully funded by the DfE and are offered to ensure greater diversity on high quality CPD, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 24 priority areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Halton, Hartlepool, Hastings, Ipswich, Knowsley, Liverpool, Middlesbrough, Norwich, Nottingham, Oldham, Portsmouth, Rochdale, Salford, Sandwell, Scarborough, Stoke-on-Trent, Tameside, Walsall, West Somerset).
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000.
- Consider yourself to have a disability.
- Come from black or minority ethnic community.
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the four criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least two weeks before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
Who is this for?
Senior leaders and managers with responsibility to lead change within their institution
Leaders interested in innovation and leading change and how they might apply this to their institution
Exponential change has created a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world where the need to innovate and disrupt has become crucial for FE to thrive. But what exactly is innovation and disruptive thinking and how can leaders apply this to their own institutional change journeys?
This workshop will develop your insight and provide you with the knowledge and tools to become more innovative and disruptive in your leadership.
- understanding the common traps that create barriers to change and survival
- exploring the emergence of the concept of disruption and how it is driving innovation and change
- being introduced to different examples of innovation and how they fall into the three categories of configuration, offering and experience
- using the ‘10 Types of Innovation’ model as a diagnostic and planning tool for own FE provider
The session will run from 10am until 4pm
- understanding disruption
- critical Decision making
- types of Innovation
- reflections and close