Technology for learners with SEND: organisational changes required for effective use and integration (Code: C1713)
This Natspec session will explore some expected indicators within organisations which show that access to technology is truly integrated. These include: Inclusive IT policies and support, individual learner assessment for appropriate tools, staff CPD in relevant areas, and policies on accessible resources and methods of delivery. It will introduce the TechAbility Standards as a method of benchmarking your provision of accessible technology and of planning future strategy. The twelve standards give goals to strive toward and guidance on how and why to implement technologies and practices.
Who is this for?
- SEND Managers
- Heads of Learning Support
- Heads of digital and IT
- Support staff
This course is designed to:
- develop your awareness of the organisational changes required to maximise the potential of technology for learners with SEND
- provide you with action points to evaluate your current provision and to develop a pathway for greater integration.
- increase your knowledge of the impact accessible technology can make for individuals with SEND and for the staff supporting them
- improve your understanding of the digital infrastructure which needs to be in place to support inclusion
- improve your understanding of the knowledge and skills required by staff who support learners with SEND
- develop a list of action points to discuss within your organisation.
1 hour and 15 minutes