A Day in the Life in SEND at Weston College (Code: C1716)
Weston College has been working for the past 20 years to develop an ethos of inclusive practice across all aspects of our provision. Our inclusive support and delivery model ensures all students have the opportunity to reach their full potential, whilst preparing them for their next step away from Weston College. Investing in our staff has been key to spreading the inclusive culture and developing a college wide ethos of inclusivity.
Who is this for?
Leaders and practitioners with an interest in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
By participating in this event, you will:
- Explore how to develop an inclusive culture across the organisation.
- Explore strategies to meet the changing needs of learners with SEND, developing specialist provision within the General Further Education College.
- Explore new initiatives and best practice in SEND to prepare learners for employment and independence.
- See how Weston College has created accessible classrooms for neurodiverse learners.
- Explore resources for learners with autism that provide a ‘dual curriculum’.
An opportunity to discuss best practice and explore alternative solutions to challenges within the SEND sector.
4 hour workshop 10:00 – 15:00.
No entry requirements, but delegates will need to bring their own lunch and refillable water bottle with them.