Leading From The Middle (Code: C0455)
This is a fixed price of £975 per person.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
Who is this for?
Colleagues in middle leadership roles with responsibility and accountability for a functional area or curriculum department and the performance of a team. Colleagues from all parts of the FE and Skills sector are welcome i.e. colleges, ACL providers and independent training providers. Colleagues with responsibility for curriculum, learning, operations and business support are welcome.
Expectations on the programme are high and managers will need to commit fully to it. You will need the support internally from a senior manager and be able to work independently throughout the programme.
The aim of the programme is to increase the confidence, skills and knowledge of managers.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- develop an understanding of the key drivers impacting the sector and apply this to internal decision making
- develop an introductory level of understanding of college funding and finance, MI and its impact on funding and performance
- develop an understanding of dual aspects of L&M whilst building strengths and minimising weaknesses in leadership practice
- develop a strategic mindset in order to lead people, change and innovation successfully
- develop an understanding of inclusive leadership and be introduced to different perspectives of diversity
- explore concepts such as unconscious bias, focusing on the impact of inclusivity and diversity on organisational culture
- understand the critical success factors to enable high performance
- assess factors within the working environment that impact on performance and develop new thinking to aid performance
- stimulate leadership reflection and develop a realistic career plan.
The duration of each cohort is nine weeks.
Colleagues in middle leadership roles with responsibility and accountability for a functional area or curriculum department and the performance of a team.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.