The technical aspects of being a Governance Professional - Intermediate level programme (Code: C1050)
This programme is designed for Governance professionals looking to better prepare themselves to move towards being a strategic enabler. It will give them greater knowledge on the technical aspects of their role in regards to regulation, compliance and board business, as well as an understanding of the strategic context of their college in order to enable alignment of the decision making process in the boardroom with strategic intent.
The full programme costs £350.00.
There are bursaries available for this programme, governance professionals from eligible colleges will be contacted with further information. Please contact us directly to request a bursary.
Who is this for?
This programme is for more experienced Governance Professionals working in the further education sector who are looking for an in-depth programme to broaden their knowledge and give them the confidence to become the technical expert and trusted advisor of governance within their organisation.
- College governance, constitution and legal status of colleges
- Delivering effective advice and guidance
- Regulatory frameworks
- Application of regulatory frameworks
- Reviewing board skills, behaviour, and effectiveness
- Curriculum and Quality Standards
- Finance & Audit
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Recruitment, succession planning, retention and governor disciplinary
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Understand compliance and effective governance.
- Understand guidance on ethical issues.
- Become a strategic enabler.
- Understand the strategy of the college, the local region and that of the sector.
This programme comprises:
2.5 days of live online training
3 online learning modules and a recorded webinar to continue the learning in the participant's own time
- Modules 1 and 2 - 10 March (Session 1)
- Modules 3 and 4 - 17 March (Session 2)
- Module 5 - 24 March (half day) (Session 3)
- Modules 6 - 9 - April onwards and in participants' own time.
This programme is aimed at Governance Professionals working in the further education sector with more than 18 months' experience.
For those with less than 18 months, or those who require an induction-level programme, please see the alternative training induction programme.