Principles and purpose of assessment (Code: C1423)
Participants will examine the principles of effective assessment and explore how to apply them with learners.
Who is this for?
This course will be relevant to anyone who is involved in assessing learning, whether formally for a qualification, or when checking progress in a lesson. It would work well as an opportunity to revisit your learning or to develop new knowledge and skills.
- Understand the key concepts and ideas underpinning educational assessment and how they are connected
- Apply the key concepts to situations where there is a threat to the principles of assessment
- Evaluate assessment issues relevant to your practice
- Explain the purposes of different types of assessment
- Consider the views of key stakeholders defining the purposes of assessment
- Identify where assessment can be effectively used.
8 learning hours