CfEM Reimagining FE Maths: Inspiring sector-driven change (Code: C1566)
Join the 'CfEM Reimagining FE Maths' face-to-face conference to explore a vision of mastery for FE maths; driven and developed by the sector
Who is this for?
For all those keen to explore the latest evidence base and research insights for FE maths mastery teaching and leadership in England.
The event will be of particular interest to:
- Participants of the CfEM programme (2018 to 2022), centres and network partners
- Maths teachers (specialist and non-specialist) from the FE and Training sector
- Support staff (i.e. maths learning support assistants)
- Maths curriculum leads
- Members of FE Quality teams (i.e. CPD leads, Advanced Practitioners)
- Senior leadership team representatives (Deputy Principals and Directors)
- Independent consultants working within the FE maths sector or/and with practitioner-researchers
- Policy makers
Inspiring teachers, managers and leaders to explore and implement findings from the 2018-2023 CfEM programme to develop FE maths practices and strategies within your own settings, appropriate to your own contexts.
You will have knowledge and confidence to:
- Examine how mastery approaches are positively impacting learner engagement and outcomes
- Learn about motivated communities of maths teachers who have identified their own maths problems and co-created solutions through collaborative professional development
- Review mastery schemes of work and resources
- Develop mastery pedagogies
- Explore how to get buy-in and structural changes through whole college approaches to maths
- Identify how you can continue learning from the outcomes of the CfEM programme
This is a face-to-face event which will run from 10:00 – 3.30pm in central Birmingham.
You can browse the agenda here.
Venue: Unique Venues Birmingham, Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Centenary Square, Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2EP
No entry requirements other than a curiousity in maths teaching, teacher development and/or maths leadership in the Further Education and Training sector.
Please note bookings are initially open to Centres for Excellence and their partners. We are limiting places to a maximum of 8 places per Centre/network partner in the first instance.
We will then open remaining places to the wider sector.