Developing your learners' maths skills in vocational and technical settings (Code: C1603)
Created for non-specialist maths staff working in vocational and technical settings within the FES sector, this course will broaden a participants knowledge base of Level 2 maths skills and provide participants with a range of strategies and activities to support learners to develop and use their own maths skills in a range of contexts.
Please scroll down for more information on entry requirements, length of the course, training aims and outcomes.
£450/person for participation in an open course. 10% discount available for SET members.
A discount is available for onsite group bookings – contact us for details
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 10% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
This course is for non specialist maths staff, working in vocational and technical settings within the Further Education and Skills (FES) sector. This could include vocational teachers/tutors, apprenticeship assessors/trainers and learning support staff.
This course will provide participants with a range of strategies and activities to support learners to develop and use their maths skills in a range of contexts.
On this course, participants will:
- build a knowledge base of L2 maths skills to support learners to improve
- become familiar with a range of methodologies you can use to support learners
- reflect on how you can use a range of activities and approaches in your role
- experience rich, collaborative tasks
- identify and discuss misconceptions and common errors and how to address these
- test out and reflect on your learning, putting into practice ideas explored on the course
- develop/contextualise resources to support learners within own setting/context.
10 online sessions, two hours each, once a week for 10 weeks.
You will also be expected to engage in independent study in between facilitated sessions.
There are no entry requirements for this course.