Supporting learners with SEND through effective use of technology (Code: C1628)
Learning support staff play a critical role in supporting learners with SEND but we shouldn’t underestimate the capacity of technology to enable access and build independence. The technologies aren’t as complex or expensive as you might think and are often built into devices that staff or learners already have. In this session we will showcase effective practice from tutors and LSAs already supporting learners to build agency and resilience via technology and consider how managers can develop use of technology in their setting so that it becomes an integral part of learner support.
Who is this for?
Primarily SEND Managers including Heads of Learning Support but will also be of interest to tutors, support staff.
This course is designed to :
- develop your awareness of the potential of technology as a form of learner support
- increase your knowledge of particular technologies which can support learners to develop skills and independence.
- Improve your understanding of how to introduce or develop your use of technology to support learners
- develop knowledge of technology solutions which build independence.
- hear from frontline practitioners utilising technology to support learners with SEND.
- take away resources to further develop the technology skills of learners with SEND and the staff supporting them.
1 Hour and 15 minutes