Embedding Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) (Code: C1665)
This series of six live online sessions is for teachers, trainers, and tutors across the Further Education (FE) and Training sector seeking to embed sustainability into their professional practice. The ETF is partnering up with EAUC to provide you with the most up-to-date learnings.
The six modules are as follows:
1. ESD: Why bother?
2. Embedding ESD in teaching and learning
3. Sustainability in your organisation
4. ESD and your subject specialism
5. All jobs are green jobs: sustainability careers
6. The journey: where we’ve got to and what next?
SET members, educators from ETF corporate partners or EAUC members - 10% discount: £198
All others: £220
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 10% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Teachers, trainers, lecturers and tutors who work in the Further Education and Training sector.
For educators to explore how to bring education for sustainable development into their professional practice.
You should have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Review the core components of ESD in the FE and Training sector
- Discover how ESD can be woven across teaching and learning practices
- Explore different ways educators can model sustainable practice in their professional practice
- Identify the inter-connectivity between educators’ subject specialism and sustainability
- Investigate the concept of green jobs when planning curriculum and supporting learners’ progression
- Appraise learning and plan next steps.
Six live online interactive sessions delivered via Zoom. Each session will be 90 minutes long. There will be some short activities for participants to undertake between some of the sessions.
No entry requirements but please note this isn't a course to enhance knowledge about sustainability issues, rather it is to enable educators to promote and embed sustainability throughout their professional practice. If you want to explore the themes of sustainable development, please see the 'Core concepts of sustainability' section of the ETF's Education for Sustainable Development resources page.